Monday, May 25, 2009

First Day

We left Lexington with no problems. The plane ride to Chicago was pretty good, but when we made it to the terminal we thought we were in the right one well it wasn't. The terminal we should have been in was so far away we had to take a trolley to it. I am glad we did have a layover or we would have missed out flight. When we arrived at the counter to get our tickets they had a ticket for Noah on the way there and back. I was so scared something wasn't right and the little girl checking us didn't speak English very well.

The flight was really long and my legs were killing me all day. Toward the end of the flight I just wanted off. On the plane I think we was getting dyhrated my hands we so dry, my mouth and nose were too. We got to sit by this little baby boy on the way he was so cute. We did end up watching a few movies and sleep about 5 hours.

Tokyo airport was a little strange too. We got there and they put a sticker on us telling what flight you were on but they only did it to us and a few others. Then this lady came around and saw our sticker and she took us right to the front of the immigration line. When we made it they started boarding about10 mins after. I am so glad she saw us or we would have missed our flight. Every time we got off an international flight they made us fill out a health care questionnaires. It asked what country you had been in before and if you felt sick. In Korea the even took our temperate. The bus ride to Seoul was nice it is actually a beautiful place. Every where you looked there was a rice field.

We were dropped off at a hotel close to the SWS house. It was really hard to find and it was getting dark and we had to go down these side street. There are people riding their scooters everywhere and they don't watch out for you. We finally found the SWS house with some help from some guys. The door man let us in and I could immediately hear the babies crying. I wanted to go see them. I might ask someone if we can go in and visit.

So it's 5 am here and we can't sleep. We are hungry! We were hungry last night but we didn't want to go out in the dark. We were so sleepy we just went to bed.

That's all I have for today. I guess we are going to get breakfast later and wait around here until 1:30 to meet our social worker.

I will post later!

7 comments:

Nancy said...

Carra and Casey,
I love reading your posts so thank
you for sharing this special time
of your lives. Your travel sounded like an adventure. I can hardly wait to read about your visit with Noah. Take care of
each other and God Bless!
Nancy

Mindee said...

So close! I can't wait.
Mindee

dwayne and melanie said...

Hang in there sweetie! When you see sweet Noah, it will all be bettere. Can't wait to hear more!!!

Casey and Carra said...

Thanks everyone!

Angie said...

Hi Carra and Casey,
So glad you made it safe!!!! The guest house is hard to find, I wish I could've given you better directions!!!!
Can't wait to hear more from you!!
Angie, Troy, and Riley

Casey and Carra said...

hey Angie,

The house was hard to find because it was already dark. It's funny though we were standing in front of it for a good 2 mins and didn't see it.We are in room 603.

Melissa Sea said...

I am so glad you are posting on here. It's been very hard not talking to you today. I actually picked my phone up to text you....Then was like oh yeah... You are very close to meeting the love of your life (besides Casey-haha).. I can't wait to hear more. Miss you!!!