Sunday, May 25, 2008

Miya's Little Pony


Introducing the newest part of the family. Miya has a little pony. Here are the two names we have picked out.





( Carra ) Bao ~ which means protection in Vietnamese.






(Casey) Quan ~solider









Leave me a comment and let me know what you think or if you have any other suggestions.








Please go to www.jcics.org/Vietnam.htm to see the announcement for A Child's Right Campaign for Vietnam. You are request to contact your state senators and representative on June 2, 3, or 4 and request they sign the letter to Secretary Condoleezza Rice in support of the recommendations found in this campaign.




The last time I check with our social worker we were 117 on the list!!

6 comments:

Brian and Christy said...

The pony is absolutly adorable. Brian and I have decided that we like Bao better. Sorry Casey. We are currently working on a link from our web site to another web site that we have opened. I'm going to try and make a Bai Jia Bei "100 good wishes quilt". We haven't got the link finished yet but check it out in the next couple of days and help us out with a squish (quilt square + good wish = squish). The linked site will have more explanation about the quilt. Talk to you soon. Christy and Brian

Brian and Christy said...

Carra,
I was just wondering if you and Casey were going to the adoption picnic tomorrow. We are going to unless it rains. Brian has invited his mom and dad. I've asked my parents but they may not come. christy

Casey and Carra said...

Christy,

I don't know if we are going to come or not. I am kind of depressed about the adoption process.

Carra

Brian and Christy said...

Carra,
I know that it has been tough what we are going through. I don't really know the right thing to tell you that will help to make it better. I have recently have found several things to do to help keep my mind on Maddie but not really on her adoption. I am going to start the quilt that I have emailed you about, there is a secret pals in our yahoo group, I've started scrap booking, reading books on adoption and I'm going to try to make a taggie blanket. Starting these have really helped me because I feel like I'm getting something accomplished. I don't know if they will ever be finished completly but I'm going to try. Yesterday a lady came in the office with her 9 month old chinese daughter that they got 1 month ago. She told me that she had to wait for 3 years to get her. She also said that we could possibly have to wait for 4 years. I'm not for sure but I hope that she is wrong. Everything that we are reading says 27 or so months. It seems like on a daily basis that it is going up. I hope that we see you today, if we don't I hope that you get better and that we see you soon. Christy

Casey and Carra said...

Christy,

What is your email address?

MemberNYPD said...

Oh I just love that pony. Any name you pick, I'm sure will be perfect. I can just imagine having a pony on my property!! (I live in NYC..hehehehe

Protector, Soldier, Friend...sounds great to me.