Saturday, April 25, 2009

Help- What does this mean??

We got a letter in the mail today from the National Visa Center. It said that our I600 petition had been foward to the visa-issuing post where the adoption interview will take place. Does anyone know what the next step is? What should be expect?

Thanks,
Carra

6 comments:

Dennis and Becky said...

That means you are oh so close!!!! How exciting. It means that once Noah has his Emmigration Permit and they do the visa interview you will get your travel call. That is awesome how quickly you guys moved along. I am so excited for you! I will be looking for that Visa Interview scheduled and then travel call! To answer you question we live in PA near Hershey. We actually live in a town called Lebanon but more people know of Hershey.

Casey and Carra said...

Oh my gosh Becky! We have only been waiting a month. Our agency told us there would be no way we would travel before 3 months. I am starting to wonder since all this has happened so quickly. I always thought maybe it would happen faster because he was a little older. they told me no though. I am so nervous! How do you know when the visa interview has been done? I have always want to go to Hershey!! We are in KY.

Dennis and Becky said...

Hello Carra,
You will want to call this number: 202-663-1225 press 1 then 0. You will need your SEO # which should be on your I-600A approval that you just received. Good luck and keep us posted! I bet you will travel before 3 months. I would be really surprised if you don't. It could still be another month considering that it has only been 1 month because of the EP. Your P3 packet will be sent to your agency in Korea first. After they receive back the P3 packet at the embassy then they will schedule his Visa Interview. So for now you are looking for the P3 packet to be sent.

Casey and Carra said...

Becky,
Thanks for all your help. So when we call this number what do we ask them?

Carra

Dennis and Becky said...

When you call they will first ask for your seo#. Give them that number and then ask if your P3 packet was sent to your agency. After they say yes, you can wait a week and then call to see if the P3packet was sent back. We never heard that was only that Adam had a visa interview scheduled for the next day at 1:00pm. So do not get discouraged if it was not sent back. One day nothing happens and they next day you can call and then things change totally! Good luck. Keep me posted!

Dennis and Becky said...

Hello Carra,
That is very good news. I am not sure exactly what a P3 packet is. I believe that it includes the I-600A and the Visa information from the United States side. We did use AIAA. I had gotten the information about the P3 packet and everything from list agent on yahoo. I would call the same number in about a week. Once that P3 packet comes back then they will schedule his Visa Interview. They will not send back the P3 packet until Noah has his EP though. Hang in there. It is moving right along. I am so excited for you!