Tuesday, February 12, 2008

A Snow Day!

More like an ice day! I stayed home from work today, I couldn't make it out. It was terriable here. I let my car warm up for 30 mins and still had to go out an hammer the ice off the car. Man I wish I had a car port this morning. After trying to get out of the drive way for 15 mins I finally made it to the road sliding everywhere. I thought I could make it work since I made it to the road. Well, I was wrong I went around the curve and there was a huge tree down covering the road. I made it back home and had to call into work. I felt so bad I have never had to call in before and this is still my new job!!

On the job front it is going better and I think I will be okay. It is still just really different for me, but I think in the end it was the best thing for me and my family.

We are still trying to sell the house. We have had a lot of calls on it so, that is good at least people are interested. Hopefully it will sell this spring. Cross your fingers. We have also decide that we are going to build a house. What made me change my mind? Well last week we had a tornado come through town and if you know me I am terrified of storms, rain, wind and ect. I am not going to go through that again without a basement. Hopefully, we will be blessed to build our house!

The adoption update. We found out last week that we are 135, which is great because by my calculations we were 145. Right now Vietnam is in the middle of Tet, which is their new year and everything shuts down so, no referrals are happing right now. I think it ends this week and we are hoping that things pick up. I have also been stressing over the MOU getting resigned. These are some documents that have to be sign by the US and VN to allow adoption to continue in VN. This has to be resign next month and if not then we will have to wait for them to resign it which could be a month or 2 years. No telling. I just hope they sign it next month and we and other adoptive parents don't have to worry about it.

No comments: